Tuesday, August 17, 2010





In the middle of everything a moment of pause happened on accident. I have been busy as of late, business is good and I do not expect it to remain steady forever and chanced a few too many trips and shifts away from my lovely ladies. The unexpected reward in a scalding hot desert is a simple burst of rain. The clouds came in and people sat outside for the first time in weeks watching in the cool breeze. As the drops turned into a pour I rolled up in the drive as the girls breached the entry on egress. Evelyn's excitement. She always wears shoes outside, saying whoos and bringing them to me, then immediately at the door, "...side" she says. Indicating she is feeling cooped up and wants to play with bigger toys outside the door. She has a little play area in the back and even in the heat insists on some time everyday. The padded patio, not nearly enough for her to spend a minute in. In fear of missing the rain, damn the whooos and splash away. All caught for good measure on my point and shoot in a plastic bag. The neighbors and their 2 year old got caught up in it as well and opened their door. We all had an awesome odd moment watching the little girls run towards each other, get close, get scared and run back repeatedly. I think we have good neighbors, but I'm not as trusting as I once was either. I hope they make fine friends though. It was a gorgeous afternoon in the quaint little town. An accidental moment, I finally had my camera for.

No comments:

Post a Comment